CHUCK E. CHEESE’S SUMMER OF FUN SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OLD OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
FLORIDA AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS WILL BE ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE FLORIDA ONLY DRAWING AND NEW YORK ONLY DRAWING.
VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The Chuck E. Cheese’s Summer of Fun Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by CEC Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 1707 Market Place Blvd., Suite 200, Irving, TX 75063.
1. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Sweepstakes starts on June 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 20, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of participation. NOTE: Eligible entrants who are Florida residents will only be entered into a Florida-only random drawing for a chance at one (1) Prize. Eligible entrants who are New York residents will only be entered into a New York-only random drawing for a chance at one (1) Prize. The separate random drawings are described in Section 4 of these Official Rules and the Prizes are described in Section 5 of these Official Rules. Employees of Sponsor, the independent third party agency responsible for the administration of this Sweepstakes (“Administrator”), and their respective affiliates, advertising, promotion and production agencies, prize providers, including, without limitation, Carnival Cruise Line, a division of Carnival Corporation (“Carnival”) and all other individuals and entities associated with the creation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and such employees’ immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, all United States Territories and Possessions and overseas military installations, and elsewhere where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations apply.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, an entrant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of Sweepstakes registration. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address after registration.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant must visit www.chuckecheese.com/summer-of-fun (“Website”) and enter his/her birth date, valid e-mail address, first name, last name (no initials), state/province/territory, and click on “Submit” t o obtain one (1) entry. Each calendar day thereafter during the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant may return to the Website and submit his/her information to obtain one (1) additional entry.
Note: If participating using a mobile device, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your carrier for pricing plan information.
Entry Limit: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same person and/or e-mail address in a day, only the first entry received may be considered valid. For purposes of these Official Rules a “day” is defined as starting at 12:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET of a calendar day, except on June 12, 2017, when a day will start at 12:00 PM ET and end at 11:59:59 PM ET.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about August 21, 2017 (the “Random Drawings Date”), the Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received only from Florida residents (the “Florida Random Drawing”), one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received only from New York residents (the “New York Random Drawing”), and eight (8) potential winners from among all eligible entries received from all remaining entrants (i.e. all eligible entrants excluding residents from Florida and New York) during the Sweepstakes (the “General Random Drawing”). Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Prizes (10 total; 1 for Florida Entrants, 1 for New York Entrants): Each winner will receive a $2,800 Carnival Cruise Line gift card (“Gift Card”) denominated in US Dollars (“Prize”). Gift Card value may be applied to Carnival Cruise Line cruise (each a “Cruise”) bookings, existing and new, and any airfare booked through Carnival Cruise Line. Any remaining balance on a Gift Card after booking shall be provided to the winner’s onboard Sail and Sign portfolio as onboard credit. In the event such onboard credit balance remains at the end of the Cruise, the balance shall be provided to the winner in the form of another Gift Card. Gift Card terms and conditions may apply. Standard restrictions and blackout dates apply. Cruises are subject to availability and are capacity controlled.
Ten (10) Prizes are available in the Sweepstakes, one (1) in the Florida Random Drawing, one (1) in the New York Random Drawing, and eight (8) the General Drawing. The ARV of each Prize is USD $2,800 / CAD $3,785.35.
B. ARV: The total ARV of all Prizes available in Florida Random Drawing is USD $2,800.00. The total ARV of all Prizes available in New York Random Drawing is USD $2,800. The ARV of all Prizes in the General Random Drawing is USD $22,400 / CAD $30,282.80. The total ARV of all Prizes (including New York and Florida) available during the entire Sweepstakes Period is USD $28,000 / CAD $37,853.50.
C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize in the Florida Random Drawing depends on the total number of eligible entries received for the Florida Random Drawing during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning a Prize in the New York Random Drawing depends on the total number of eligible entries received for the New York Random Drawing during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning a Prize in the General Random Drawing depends on the total number of eligible entries received for the General Random Drawing during the Sweepstakes Period.
D. General Conditions: Limit of one (1) Prize per person/household during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding regarding all Prize elements. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, printing, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the potential winners, with a separate random drawing for Florida and New York residents. If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production, computer or other error or due to technical difficulties or incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning messages are distributed, or more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, the intended Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing, with a separate random drawing for Florida and New York residents, from among all verified Prize claims received. The right to receive a Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE/WINNER VERIFICATION: Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential winner will be notified by Administrator within two (2) business days from the Random Drawings Date via e-mail at the e-mail address provided during registration. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any cause, including any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet Service Provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mails. Before being declared a verified winner, each potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility (Declaration of Eligibility if the potential winner is a Canadian resident)/Liability & Publicity Release and tax acknowledgment (collectively the “Documentation”). Each potential winner must return a fully executed and notarized Affidavit/Declaration and completed Documentation to the Sponsor or its authorized designee within ten (10) calendar days from the date it is postmarked as being sent to the potential winner or the Prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A VERIFIED WINNER, ALL CANADIAN POTENTIAL WINNERS MUST FIRST CORRECTLY ANSWER A MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION. Skill-testing question will be included in the Declaration.
If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize, any winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, or in the event that a potential winner fails to return an executed and notarized Affidavit/Declaration and completed Documentation within the ten (10) calendar day deadline, the Prize may be forfeited. If a Prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible entries received for the applicable random drawing (the Florida Random Drawing, the New York Random Drawing or the General Random Drawing). If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any cause, including any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet Service Provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mails. Prizes are not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of each Prize. Any portion of Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local taxes for any Prize won. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility.
Each Prize will be mailed to the winner at the mailing address provided at the time of Sweepstakes registration (or on his/her Mail-In Entry) within 4 to 6 weeks from verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason. Each Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail notifications or postal mail; (ii) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (iii) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (iv) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (v) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize; and (vi) Sweepstakes entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including Sweepstakes entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winners (with a separate random drawing for Florida residents and New York residents if possible). If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production, computer or other error or due to technical difficulties or incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning messages are distributed, or more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, the intended Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified Prize claims received (with a separate random drawing for Florida residents and New York residents if possible).
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the Prizes, is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TEXAS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and/or the Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory), biographical information, photos, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, and/or statements regarding the Sweepstakes and/or Sponsor for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including, but not limited to, live television, worldwide, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has obtained or attempted to obtain more than one (1) Sweepstakes entry per day or claim more than one (1) Prize during the entire Sweepstakes Period using multiple identities or like methods, all of that person’s Sweepstakes entries may be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, Chuck E. Cheese’s Summer of Fun Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325 USA. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Winner List requests must be received no later than October 20, 2017.
13. SPONSOR: CEC Entertainment, Inc., 1707 Market Place Blvd., Suite 200, Irving, TX 75063.
Carnival Cruise Line is not responsible for the administration, execution, or conduct of the Sweepstakes or the selection of the winner(s).
Customer service inquiries can be made at Contact Us.
© 2017 CEC Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All currency conversions based on listed exchange rate as of June 7, 2017